How You Will Benefit
Many incidents and accidents in the airside industrial environment are caused by a lack of knowledge on the part of personnel. Coordination between numerous organizations working airside with different training and priorities create a human resource issue. Due to industry demand, CCAA worked with industry experts to develop a National Competency Profile and workshop for Airside Workers.
This workshop provides any worker going airside with the necessary safety and security information and personal responsibilities to minimize accidents. This 1 or 2 day workshop is available in English in French and is customizable to address specific company requirements. Participants in this workshop will benefit from a comprehensive overview of the hazards of working airside.
Content covered in this workshop includes:
- Workplace health and safety
- Airport operational safety, SMS, FOD, Wildlife management
- Vehicle/equipment operations
- Airport visual aids
- NAV CANADA
- TC security requirements
- Human and organizational factors
- Fatigue management
- Aircraft operations
- Hazard areas
- Layout of airport aprons
- Vehicles, equipment and tools
- Damage to aircraft
- Passenger safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Non-aircraft related emergencies
- Aircraft related emergencies
- Handheld radios
- All individuals with little experience or no working in an airside environment.
- All individuals who work in an airport and may be required to go airside.