Advanced Human Factors Workshop - In English (Ottawa, ON)
10:00 - 14:00
The Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace is proud to host a special 2 part luncheon and workshop event throughout the month of January. This event includes lunch and free parking. Participate in one or both to best suit your needs. A special rate will apply if you join us for lunch and participate in both of the workshops. The series includes:
- Executive Risk Management Briefing Workshop with CCAA provided lunch on Friday, January 9, 2015
- Advanced Human Factors Workshop with CCAA provided lunch on Friday, January 23, 2015
Below you find details regarding the Advanced Human Factors Workshop which is the last workshop in the session.
How You Will Benefit
CCAA’s new and enhanced Human Factors workshop for management provides information to clarify the legal responsibilities of management related to the requirements of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) 573.06 (3) and CARs 723.28(4).
This management course explores the legal aspects and requirements regarding employee supervision. Participants will review the human factors that can potentially lead to errors through exploration and application within interactive case studies.
Content covered in this workshop includes:
- Review of regulatory and industry requirements
- Identification of the legal responsibilities of management
- Application of legal requirements regarding employee supervision
- Understanding Human Factors and Safety Management.
- Understanding and addressing communication difficulties in the workplace
- Recognizing and managing human factors
- Preventative measures to avoid errors related to the “Dirty Dozen” Concept
Upon completion of this workshop will have a comprehensive understanding of the requirements regarding legal responsibilities, employee supervision, human factors, safety management and the role that management plays.
This workshop is designed for:
- Floor managers needing information on legal requirements regarding supervision
- Middle managers needing information on legal requirements regarding supervision
- Individuals who require advanced human factors awareness