Aircraft de/anti-Icing Initial Workshop in English (Ottawa, ON)
08:30 - 16:30
How You Will Benefit
This workshop offered by CCAA with PAS promotes standardized aircraft de/anti-icing methods and procedures that are essential for maintaining safe operations. This workshop is compliant with the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and Transport Canada Requirements for de-icing training.
This 3.5 day interactive workshop applies the clean aircraft concept to the process of de-icing, teaching participants to recognize errors and apply proper de-icing procedures. Participants will also benefit from practical experience with real equipment and water. Some of the key ideas covered will be
· Understand standardized aircraft de/anti-icing methods
· Handle of icing/de-icing materials
· Safety & environmental information
· Vehicle operations & precautions
· Fluid types
· Clean wing concept
· No spray zones
· Manual snow and ice removal methods
· Hold Over Times (Type 1 & 4)
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will know how to safely execute a full aircraft deicing operation in all conditions. Successful participants will be certified in Block L of the National Occupational Standard for Aviation Ground Services Attendant.
This course is intended for
- Individuals involved in the maintenance processes of an aircraft
- De-Icing specialists with little or no training
* Please note participants must hold a valid driver’s license, Canadian radio communications certificate, valid airport driver’s license, valid Aerial Lift and Fall Arrest training and valid WHMIS training.
For more information or to register, please contact Kerry Graham, Interim Manager, Training Services at the Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace by phone at 613-727-8272, extension 237or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.