This occupational standard encompasses a cross-section of tasks performed by Quality Systems Auditors working in manufacturing, maintenance, training organizations and aircraft servicing environments in the aviation and aerospace sectors.
The responsibilities of the Quality Systems Auditor include:
- Preparing and planning audit programs and audits.
- Conducting audits.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring.
- Implementing regulatory requirements and industry standards within audit programs.
- Allocating human and material resources.
- Determining conformance and compliance to regulations, standards and policies.
The Quality Systems Auditor must demonstrate the following:
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to ensure transparency
- Communication skills