Mike Doiron for Quebec and the Maritimes; New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
Mike Doiron has been involved in aviation for almost 50 years now. He started in 1972 as a dispatcher and progressed to Chief Flight Instructor and Chief Pilot of the Moncton Flying Club. In 1979 he began working for Transport Canada. During his 19 years with the federal agency he held various posts including Superintendent of Flight Training, Regional Director System Safety and National Director of Aviation Safety Promotions. In 1998 he left the government to take the helm of the Moncton Flight College as the C.E.O. & Principal. He held that post for twelve years until leaving in July 2010 to start Doiron Aviation Consulting. In 2012 and 2013 he held the position of Senior Vice President, Safety Management Systems for Hinton and Oaster, an international consulting organization based in Denver Colorado.
During his career he has been involved in Crew Resource Management (CRM) and Safety Management Training. He has been a guest speaker at safety seminars in Africa, Central America, the Middle East, and the United States as well as throughout Canada. He has conducted over 100 CRM, SMS and Safety Officer Courses as well as safety reviews on many companies ranging from small single aircraft operators to international operators to Civil Aviation Authorities. He currently works with all levels of industry; airlines to flying schools, helping develop training programs, Safety Management and Quality Assurance Systems for companies ranging from small operators to regional airlines.
Mike’s work has been acknowledged with numerous awards, including:
- 2000 Innovation in Safety Award – Air Transport Association of Canada*;
- 2003 Award of Achievement –Transportation Club of Moncton*;
- 2005 Entrepreneurship Excellence Award – City of Dieppe*;
- 2007 Most Outstanding Company Growth – Enterprise Greater Moncton*;
- 2008 Inducted into the Air Transport Association of Canada Honour Roll for work done in Safety Management;
- 2009 New Frontiers Exporter Award – Province of New Brunswick*; and
- 2010 Award of Achievement – Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce and the Transportation Club of Moncton.
* denotes awards won by the Flight College under his direction.
Mike has acted as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Air Transport Association of Canada, and as a director of the New Brunswick Aerospace and Defence Association. His licenses include an Airline Transport Pilot Licence and a Class 1 Airplane, Class 1 Aerobatic and Glider Instructor Ratings. During his career he has flown over 55 different aircraft types from ultralights to corporate jets.