CCAA’s National Labour Market Strategy Day took place on October 3rd at the Canadian War Museum.
With over 100 invited guests, we enjoyed the company of representatives of the major airlines, helicopter companies, business jets, the MRO community, manufacturers, technical schools, and the national and regional associations. In addition, we were very pleased to have had representatives of Employment, Social Development Canada, ESDC, Transport Canada, TC, and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, ISED with us to discuss workforce strategies.
We used the day to report on what was accomplished over the last year and to develop the next steps of the strategy. Information collected during breakout sessions with our attendees is being collated and will set the direction for next steps.
Our presenters have kindly agreeed to share their presentations on the following topics [in order of appearance, agenda here] :
- Labour Market Strategy Day Speakers and Sponsors 2018; presentation here
- CCAA Strategy Update, Phil Sims; presentation here
- Elevate Aviation, Kendra Kincaide; presentation here
- Diversity, Marlene Conway-Diels; presentation here
- Practical Assessments of Technicians, Aida Hadziomerovic; presentation here
- Disruptive Technology, Phil Sims; presentation here
- Unmanned Systems Canada, Mark Aruja; presentation here
- Shimco Canada, Peter Voss; presentation here here
- Promation, Mark Zimny; presentation here
- Air Cadets of Canada Outreach, Scott Lawson; presentation here.
CCAA would like to thank the speakers and our breakout session moderators for their generous contribution to a successful day.
CCAA will be circulating the summary of the labour market strategy breakout sessions to all attendees within the next few weeks, and look forward to getting your feedback on this as well.
If you, or someone you know, would like to join one of the CCAA Labour Market Strategy sub-committees: Outreach, Education, Labour Market Information, Particpation of Women, Participation of Indigenous persons, or Pilot shortages, please contact Robert Donald, Executive Director at 613 727-8272 ext. 222, or by email.
Once again, we would like to thank our sponsors, speakers, and our attendees, without whom this work would not happen.