The Occupational Standard encompasses a cross-section of tasks performed by Quality Assurance Managers working in manufacturing, maintenance and aircraft servicing environments in the aviation and aerospace sectors.
The Quality Assurance Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing plans and policies
- Implementing regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Developing plans
- Allocating human and material resources
- Monitoring conformance and compliance to regulations, standards and policies
- Monitoring / managing product conformance
- Leading, coaching and mentoring
Quality Assurance Managers are familiar with the technical requirements associated with their position, whether in maintenance or manufacturing. They have extensive knowledge of industry requirements, standards, regulations and legislation.
Quality Assurance Managers in approved maintenance organizations (AMOs) must meet Transport Canada requirements.
Quality Assurance Managers must have detailed knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of other quality assurance positions, such as Quality Systems Auditors and must be able to fulfill their duties as required.