July 17th, 2020
The Canadian Council for Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA) is pleased to announce that, in the light of the Covid-19 emergency, the Federal Government of Canada has made new changes to the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) as delivered by the CCAA for the aviation and aerospace sector.
As of May 26th, 2020:
- All current and future SWPP Employer partners will now benefit of wage subsidies of the new maximum subsidy amount of $7,500 per student work placement.
- All wage subsidy rates will be adjusted to 75% of gross pay for every student, starting from the first pay period with an end date after May 26th, 2020.
- The original agreed-upon wage subsidy rate will apply for all pay periods with end dates prior to May 26th, 2020.
- All SWPP Employer partners will be compensated at the 75% rate from May 26th, 2020 onwards and your maximum claim will be amended to $7,500.
The Net New Increase in Student Placements clause
- This requirement has been waived for all current and future SWPP Employer partners for the 2020 – 2021 fiscal year.
THESE MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE UNTIL MARCH 31ST, 2021.
How your wage subsidy claims are processed:
- Usually processed within 7 – 10 business days following the 10th of every month.
- Depending on your preferred payment schedule, you will receive a CCAA SWPP report to confirm that the amounts match the wage subsidy claims you have submitted.
- Upon confirmation that everything is correct, you should receive the funds within 3 – 5 business days.